Wednesday, April 14, 2010

On the Road/Trail Again

I finally sucked it up and got back on my bike last night. And it felt glorious. Well, except for that part where I finally decided to stop and figure out why the tires were kind of dragging and in (what I thought) was a whole different issue why my fancy pants little bike computer said I was going 46 mph. Turns out they were related issues, I am just smooth enough that while lugging the beast out of storage and over a month or so of recycling I pretend not to see I had gotten the wire from the sensor on the tires to the display on the handle bars wedged in-between the tire and the brake pad. Shredding that little sucker turned out to be the "drag" I was feeling. So off to Target I go today for a new computer. There is $20 out the door from the stupidity line item on my budget.

But the wind across the back of my neck, the sounds of the creek that runs by the bike path, the burning in my calves..all worth it. (Okay, maybe not the burning in my calves.)

Good news is I'm not jaunting off to Target with hurting legs or a sore but. There were some wobbly legs going down the stairs last night, but all in all not too rough. I should probably be heading out again tonight, especially since I'm trying out a new recipe for Raspberry-Almond rolls tonight. I have a hard time accepting a life that doesn't include baked goods and beer, so if I can't lose the wait I figure I should at least work to "maintain" it!

Me and Mom starting the "Tour de Brew" last summer.
This was pre-wanting to die while 30 miles of
hills didn't sound so bad. I don't have any
pics of my laying gasping on the picnic table.

No comments:

Post a Comment