Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer Flies Shawl


I have finally finished another shawl! Yay! I love the idea and look of shawls. Unfortunately, most I'm attracted to seem to made with fingering weight yarn. So, while I have many started and many big plans, I now have a total of...2. I fell in love with the Summer Flies Shawl by Holly & Ella Knits (made with worsted weight!) and I must say, this is a fabulous pattern. Especially in a summer friendly (worsted weight!) bamboo and silk yarn.


This shawl is so nice and light and I love the open lace of it. It has great muliple patterns that keep it interesting for knitting. Which easily distracted knitters like me need to make it to that coveted and sometimes scarce FO (finished object) status.


Ever noticed how nearly impossible it is to get a picture of wearing your shawl more "traditionally" when you live alone and have no fancy camera?



And so great around the neck! I want like 10 of these! Kudos Holly & Ella Knits! I did do some light modification in the way of adding four extra rows in the open lace work and two extra rows before starting the ruffle. For no other reason than I wanted to use as much of my yarn as I felt safe gambling on without running out while binding off. I wasn't totally sure about the ruffle on this. I actually considered doing without, but decided a little frill never hurt anyone. No regrets, I really like it.



And the yarn? Ella Rae Bamboo Silk. Which I went and ordered four more skeins of in wine. Just enough to make another Summer Flies Shawl!!



No comments:

Post a Comment