Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Ball

Being in my late 20's there seems to be absolutely NO shortage of friends either a) having babies or b) celebrating babies. I have another first birthday party coming up soon. But this one is FOR A GIRL. (It seems my friends seem to end up with male offspring. God help us all!) While I didn't go all out on something insanely girly, I did get to use some more girly fabrics. And this is one girly girl. True, this ball is a little more "folky", but I like it.

The ball? For Kicks Patchwork Ball from Anna Marie Horner's Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing.


While there were quite a few little patches to cut (32 if I remember correctly) the fact this is machine stitched helps with the sanity level.



And, um, these? These were "extra". God, I pray they are extra. I was tired and ready for bed and no longer had the patience to count hexagons and pentagons, and and, it made the shape of a ball.

Well, pretty much. There were a few "off" spots. But let's pretend.




Happy first birthday, Euladora!




No comments:

Post a Comment