Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Package is in the Mail!

  

You get a sneak peak at what's in the package that is in it's way RIGHT now to my mom. Well, this plus a little card with stamped declaration of love for mom and a pic. After hearing me gush about it and reading my copy, Mom really wanted a copy of The Grand Central Baking Book as well. She has also been talking about wanting another apron that is just a tie around the waist type.


Luckily, I have an obscene amount of apron patterns....


And the winner is.......Butterick See & Sew B5125!!




I was really pretty bummed because I was psyched to make it out of this amazingly kick ass Mom tattoo fabric, but apparently I wasn't the only one to think this was a brillant idea, because when I went to get some last weekend, they were out and it was too late to order it from online.  So, since Mom loves green, green it was.



Wasn't totally sure if two thread colors was a great idea,
but I really liked the vintage-y look of the contrast stitching.
The pattern just has you turn the edges under once, but I did it
double so it wouldn't fray. Which took for freaking ever.
All done!
And it got all done in time. Despite the assistance of my faithful shadow.
Checking it out.                                       Sitting where I need to cut.                       Nap time! What pattern piece?

And speaking of aprons....I made this one for my friend to celebrate her new bakeshop a few weeks ago. Gotta have a place for that cold hard cash!




Sewing Playlist: 
    Flyleaf

No comments:

Post a Comment