Thursday, November 18, 2010

French Press Slippers. Again.

I made my first pair of French Press Slippers about this time last year. They now live in my office and I try to sneak them on as I walk into meetings when no one can see my feet. Otherwise I just flaunt them. Yeah, yeah. I work alone. But they are well loved these days.


So this year I decided to make my sister-in-law a pair as well. Come Christmas she will be well in her second pregnancy. What pregnant woman doesn't love slippers? And pickles dipped in chocolate? Okay, the pickles dipped in chocolate thing is merely a sterotype. I've never been pregnant.


Project: French Press Slippers by Melynda Bernardi
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool
Colorway: Burgundy
Needle Size: US15
Ravelry Project Page

While these took the usual process...


...I'm still always impressed with the results. This was also another reason I was glad for a well timed Mom visit. I wear a massive size 10 (the unfelted slippers are on my foot). But Mom and my SIL swap size 8s all of the time, so she got to stand by the washing machine with me the last ten minutes and try on warm wet wool every two minutes to see when they were done with the shrinkage. 

I've found it useful to stuff the toes with newspaper while they are drying to make sure the toes are nice and rounded.


So one more Christmas present done and ready to wrap! And maybe a new pair of these will be on the needles for me after Christmas...







No comments:

Post a Comment