Monday, November 15, 2010

Quilting Neophyte

This weekend my hot mama offically become a quilting neophyte rather than just a wannabe.

Here she is with her very first quilt block. Isn't she cute?


To illustrate my belief my parents set an unreasonably high bar for marriage, when I texted this picture to my Dad after 28 years of marriage he replied "Isn't she so cute?". On a sidenote, if this blog isn't updated again my mother hunted me down and severly maimed or possibly killed me for putting up a picture of her in her glasses. With crazy hair and no makeup. She was so distracted by finishing her first block she didn't think to take them off for this first picture. After a weekend of sewing in my poorly lit spare bedroom turned craft room, she returned home to her amazingly converted from my brother's bedroom to her pimped out sewing room, handmade cabinets by Dad and all.

They grow up so fast. There may or may not have been a meltdown with some possible tears at the craft store. But look at her beam with pride.

I was also accused of sucking all of the cool out of my hot fun mom. Hey, she came to the dark side willingly.

Other accomplishments of the weekend including making a puff pastry comeback after my former fail. Never say die.

No comments:

Post a Comment