Thursday, December 16, 2010

Poppy

In the middle of all of the Christmas, winter, snowy madness a little girl named Leah is turning one. I have made her brother a hat for each of his two birthdays and a hat for being born and now I made this little girl her first hat. I missed the being born hat, so I'm already a bit behind. Since I have few little girls to craft for in my life, this little girl had to have a little girly hat. Not a hat just made in little girly colors.


Project: Poppy (Rav Link) by Justine Turner of justjussi
Yarn: Lion Brand Alpine Wool (Bulky)
Colorway: Vanilla
Size: 1-3 years
Ravelry Project Page

As I'm putting in my links, I must admit I'm getting a little nervous. I printed this pattern off a year or so ago and used this pattern print off to make the hat. At that time it had instructed to use a bulky weight yarn for 1-3 years, but on the updated pattern there is no mention of bulky. Hmmm. Well, I guess we shall see.


I really love this little flapper style hat. It is so girly and fun! And it was an amazingly quick knit. Well, with the bulky it was! I saw her in church last week in head to toe pink, so the pink button seemed to be a good call. The short row shaping to give this hat it's shape is really interesting.


My hat didn't want to take a cute picture standing up. I'm hoping this doens't prove that bulky was a no go. Maybe you should check before making this hat yourself? I'll report back after I've gifted this on Sunday!


This Christmas season I've tried to be sure to put little tags on my handmade items letting the recipients know things like fiber content and care instructions. I understand that handmade can intimidate!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment