Monday, December 27, 2010

The Start of Vacation

So the first day of a week of vacation should be one where you sleep until noon and lay on the couch watching TV all day, right? Not in simple eclectic land. I woke this morning dreaming of my flannel stash. That's a perfectly normal sentence. And when I woke up to the cat meowing at me at 645 I was determined I must make flannel pants out f my hot pink peanut butter and jelly sandwhich flannel. Right then. So off I went down the hall to my sewing room. But of course that was the one flannel I hadn't prewashed. While I waited I did get to make some progress on my Olatz shawl. My reward for surviving Christmas crafting.

And the best thing I did while waiting for my flannel to dry in my painfully slow dryer? Using the rockstar Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer I got for Christmas from my parents to start a loaf of bread to go with my turkey leftovers for lunch. It was an existential experience. All my talk of being unsure if I wanted a Kitchenaid because I enjoy the experience of hand kneading? Rubbish.

But now the flannel is dry and the hot pink pbj pants of my dreams shall soon be a reality. To vacation time!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment