Monday, January 10, 2011

Autunno Hat


It's about that time of winter where it's not fun anymore. It's cold. As a knitter I was a bit ashamed this weekend when I went searching for a hat and really didn't have many to wear. So this week may be a bit hat heavy. Overcompensation at it's best. Well, maybe not it's best. Men have the edge on this.


Project: Autunno Hat
Based off this hat, Ravelry project page is in English
Yarn: di.Ve Autunno in 33051 Coral (One skein plus just enough of a second to annoy me)
Needle Size: US10 (See below)



I did some slight modifications from the notes I used, but wish I would have done more. She did a knit one through back loop to result in a twisted ribbing, I'm not a huge fan of this, especially after the inches and inches of it in Dad's Cambridge Watchcap. So, I did a knit two purl two ribbing. I worked it for an extra .25 inch, bringing it to three inches. I cast on with US10's, planning to switch up to US10.5's after the ribbing (which would have brought me to gauge on the project), however, even with the smaller needle size I still had a pretty loose gauge, so I stuck with this needle size for the whole hat. If I could time warp I would have went with US9's to cast on and uped to the 10s for the top half. I knit to nine inches before decreasing, but probably should have done at least nine and a half.

However, I am very happy with this hat. This was a great destash project. I’m bummed I need that .1 of the second skein, as I have three more skeins of the di.Ve Autunno hat that have been haunting my stash for a few years and this hat is pretty divine in this yarn. And I'm confident enough to wear it around church even if people did look at me funny.

So, while the above pictures would totally suffice, here is some evidence of the difficulty of trying to get good project pics by yourself with a point and click camera. Very serious business by the look on my face in these pics.




And...first finished project of 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment