Friday, January 14, 2011

Updates....

A few random things.

1) I dug something out of my naughty basket and finished it! I cast on for these slippers a year and a half ago while camping with the fam, than never finished them. It was pretty pathetic. I just really hated the attached i-cord. So I left it off!


Project: Mary Jane Slippers by The Purl Bee
Yarn:  Schoeller+Stahl Big Print (7941) & Moda Dea Washable Wool (Black)
Needles: US10
Ravelry Project Page

I used the Moda Bea on for the soles and strap since I didn't have enough of the super fun retro looking Big Print. Altered to fit a size 10. Added 2 sts to the CO and kept stitch count 2 extra. I also added an extra 3/4 in to the length. Since I didn't do the i-cord they are a bit droopy, but I still like.

2) When Mom visited a couple of weeks ago she decided since I lost 25 lbs of my 40 lb goal I needed new underwear & bras (which I won't show you, no worries) and new mineral makeup and more complicated eye makeup. Since to look more natual I apparently need more makeup and brushes and stuff, I outgrew the little makeup bag I've used.

But I'm a sewer, so you can guess what I did.


New makeup bag and brush burrito! I modeled the brush burrito after a needle roll and sewed on some clasps to close it instead of a tie. While I've been sewing for five years, I have an irrational fear of zippers, but I did it! Both have a layer of batting and the bag is quilted.

3) I signed up for match.com. So freaked out. Dating scares the crap out of me. Never learned the rules and online is an adventure! The new profile pic, which is better:


or


Or do they both suck. Holy crap, this is awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment