Monday, January 24, 2011

The Post That Isn't What It Was Supposed to Be

At the start of the weekend I was wondering how I would decide what to tell you about today. The weekend was full of possibility!

 I had:

* A hat almost done
* Confidence with an overnight volunteer shift at the shelter I would totally finish my Bella Mittens
* Some fun new scrappy mittens I was ready to rock
* All of these ideas for the Buzz Lightyear quilt I was going to start for my nephew on Saturday

Instead:

*While I did finish my hat, my camera died this morning while I was trying to take some pictures for a post. It really is hard to blog without a camera.
* I was distracted by the scrappy mittens, didn't finish the Bella Mittens. Or the scrappy mittens. So I still have cold fingertips since I refuse to wear mittens that don't match the coat/down vest I have on.
* I got as far as drawing out the quilt layout for my nephew's Buzz Lightyear quilt, but didn't even enter the sewing room this weekend except to put the bag of fabric back..
* I started a book (The Case for a Creator if you are just so anxious to know. Which I know you know you totally are.)
* I went out for beers with a boy. But I left the couch of a friend I was knitting with to do this, which I'm not proud of.
* My kitchen got the start of a very needed scrub down. So there was some responsible productivity.

So, this post isn't what it was supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment