Friday, June 4, 2010

Embrace the Introvertism

Me=neglecting blogger. I know. There is no great excuse. I will admit, the hindrance of typing sans n or b keys is a little of it. (I'm anxiously awaiting the call my new keyboard is in!)  And I had to face the fact that taking a vacation day really just bites you I the ass I the log run when you work in a one person office. And I’m still trying to figure out where in the hell I put the map to my happy place. Anyone ever hear the song “If You’re Going Through Hell Keep On Going”? Me, I tend to languish in the heat and bitch that my hair is getting frizzy from the humidity.


I made the mistake of venturing out to a Young Professionals Network event last night. Silly April. I tend to try to lie to myself that I’m really not as much of an introvert as I know I truly am. Then (of course), a guy I had been seeing and have a very awkward relationship with due to the coals I raked him over was there, so I got to observe him I action with the ladies. It was utterly fantastic. Kudos to the new friend who humored my attempt to reach out and dealt with my denial. But I’m taking baby steps to get myself out of the house. For now it’s time for me to just retreat back to the meeting rooms, kitchen, and sewing room where I find myself much more comfortable.

SPEAKING OF SEWING…one more apron got finished!

My little cousin is getting married in a month. It will be a gorgeous handmade wedding and she is stinking adorable. I have some mixed feelings. I’m psyched for her, but it will be my first close family wedding since my husband and I separated. My family doesn’t seem to get why I don’t want to put my ringless hand in the pic that is being done with all of the women in my family who have been married in my great-grandma’s headpiece. Umm….yeah. Divorce is a bit of a foreign concept for my family.


I have a firm belief that new brides need an apron made just for them. So, I present to you my cousin’s!



Mom working her apron modeling gig.
Some potholders with the scraps.
I included a little bridal kit. I got this amazing one when I got married. But this one has some little basics like thread, Velcro, libt remover. I always seem to be that person at weddings running around frantically mending bridesmaids dresses and sewing buttons back on tuxs. I come packing!




So I will try to better about posting. For real. Now I get to go work on a grant. Here’s hoping it doesn’t include many n’s or b’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment