Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sunset Beret

My brothers and I have pretty different love lives. Not different like freaky weird. Because it would just be awkward to blog about not only my freaky love life, but way awkward to blog about my brother's freaky love life. Back slowly away from that topic.I mean we are different from each other.
Me: A few different boyfriends, two significant long term, married my college sweetheart, divorced.
Youngest Brother: Married high school sweet heart at age 20, happily domestic with a toddler and baby on the way.
Middle Brother: A bit of a back and forth kind of guy. Until his latest girlfriend, who he seems rather smitten with and we're not so sure she won't be around for quite a long time.

What does this mean for my knitting? Why in the hell would this impact my knitting? This year I faced the question of to make her a present or not to make her a present? I've never gifted one of middle brother's ladies before. But this year I decided to.

Project: Sunset Beret by Knit-O-Matic (Rav Link)
Yarn: Lion Brand Alpine Wool , 1.25 skeins
Colorway: Black Pepper
Needles: US8 & US 10.5
Size: Small/Medium
Ravelry Project Page


I really had some issues getting good pictures of this hat. Because 1) I have to do the whole self pic thing. 2) I have a hard time getting a good picture of me wearing a hat. Well, a good picture of me period. She will look much better sporting this I'm sure.


While I will admit I'm a bit of a yarn snob, I'm a bit smitten with some of the bulky yarns that have appeared in my local JoAnn store lately. This one included. It's 100% wool roving. I have a thing for roving yarn. I love the stitch definition of any yarn that is single ply, especially 100% wool. This yarn knits up very nice and is incredibly affordable.


This is also a great pattern for a very stylish hat. So stylish that as I was knitting this I thought to myself multiple times "Why don't I just go to Old Navy and buy what I'm sure will be a pretty identical hat." But we all have a good idea of the answer to that question. Not. How. We. Roll.

I also started this hat a few weeks ago. In a discontinued yarn I love. (Debbie Mumm Reminiscence, Carnival colorway)That I ran out of with just a few decrease rows left. Sore subject. But if you have any, talk to me. I have baked goods. Lots of baked goods. And I just need a little.


I'm getting there on the Christmas projects! I'll even have a pair of mittens and a quilt to show you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment