Monday, October 25, 2010

Gruesa Hat

True confessions with April:

1) The 127 yarns I have stashed on Ravelry only represents about 60-75% of my stash.
2) I have a box hoarding problem. I blame it on the fact I've moved nine times in the last ten years. Good moving boxes are hard to find.
3) This morning I found all of the clothes I have on in piles throughout my upstairs. I'm pretty sure this tank top is clean. Kinda sure.
4) I have a casting on problem. But you already knew that.
5) I made some truly bad sourdough blueberry muffins this weekend.
6) I abandonded the Helix gauntlets after five rows.
7) And I started a new project. But I finished it.
8) See the bottom of this post.

I really needed the satisfaction of finishing a project. There is a reason you have never seen me bragging about a sweater or finishing my crazy lace stole (which I was working on to keep me sane oddly enough). With that in mind, it really wasn't a good idea for me to cast on with a project using size 0 needles for some selfish gratification.

So I got out my skein of Malabrigo Gruesa instead.


I had really gotten this to make (another) cowl. But the super bulky was hugely deceiving in my spastic state I seem to have been in with shopping at Knitche in Downer's Grove (Chicago suburb) and there wasn't enough. But it's gorgeous. I knit it to six inches before decreasing and it is just the right length to cover my ears. I have a very round head. Rounder than most I believe.

So this weekend I made a new hat.



Ravelry Project Page
Pattern: Woolly Moguls Hat (Rav Link)
Yarn: Malabrigo Gruesa
Colorway: Sealing Wax 102
Needles: US 15 (except for the last two decrease rounds where I had to use 13's because I could not seem to find the 15s!)


And when I showed the former husband this hat his reply was "It looks like you." Which I'm not quite sure what that means... He's in a trying to get back together mood, so I assume that was not an insult. Either way, I loves it. The hat. I don't want to talk about the ex and that confusing mess.


Ahh. Yes. And about true confession #8. After I finished this, despite the nine other projects. Five of which need to be done in the next month and a half. I cast on for a pair of gloves to match!

Which I forgot to take a picture of before leaving this morning.

1 comment:

  1. ilu. i have sooo, toooo much to tell you. i love your eye rolling expression like UGHHH I KNIT A FKUAHFING HAT GAAAAH. i finished my 2nd turn-a-square and after i fold this stupid laundry i am going to cast on your little man version and make one for my little man!

    ReplyDelete