Thursday, April 21, 2011

Olatz


I'll just be honest. I'm going to complain about the weather. Again. It's been a cold week here for the season and I've had to revive some winter UFO's I set aside in favor of warm weather projects to be ready for spring. My Olatz was one of these. Started while on break for the Christmas/New Year's holidays, it was cast aside in favor of smaller projects. But it's helping me to not revert back to a sweater today as I'm stubbornly trying to break out my spring warbrobe.



Project Name: Olatz [Rav Linkby Swallows Return
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted (2 Skeins)
Colorway: Glazed Carrot
Needle Size: US8
Ravelry Project Page



This yarn was actually the very first Malabrigo I purchased ever and it's sat in my stash for a year and a half or so. Yarns are like wine, sometimes they need to breathe before their full potential can be realized, right? It was a particuarly smooshy knit, but I do worry about the pilling potential.


This pattern is well written and a good knit. The lace columns give some interest in a mindless knitting sort of way to the body of the shawl. I may go back and reblock to try to the get the scallops. This was a battle in which I lost in my first attempt.

So, maybe if I finish up my lingering winter UFO's spring will come...?

1 comment:

  1. Your shawl is beautiful! I have a thought about knitted things that adds to your wine analogy: You wait and enjoy the wine, but then it is only a memory. You enjoy the waiting and making and wearing, but then eventually it wears out and you are left with memories. I wonder if a sweater stone could help when it starts fuzzing?

    ReplyDelete