Monday, November 1, 2010

Tucker Teddy

I finished my first Christmas present last night! And I'm pretty sure it will be the cutest. May I introduce you to Tucker Teddy?


Little Tucker Teddy will be going home with my nephew on Christmas morning. I hjope he will be loved and carried around the house and be snuggled in close when it's time to dream. Versus eaten by the dog. That would make me super sad. Truth be told, this little dude was way more work than I thought he would be.



But as long as he is loved and carried around the house and snuggled in close when it's time to dream, he'll be worth every stitch.

And I love his little bear butt that sticks up in the air. The original pattern had a pom pom tail, but I like him better this way.


Project: Tucker Teddy (Rav Project Page)
Pattern: Tyler T. Tucker Teddy  (Rav link) by bjfromnv
Colorways: Taupe & Maize
Needle Size: US 6

The pattern used wool worsted yarn for this project, but I really really really like the vintage-y look of the Cotton Ease. I especially like how it gives this bear a loved on look. The downside with the cotton is that it showed the increases and decreases much more than a wool probably would have since the stitches are so defined. This yarn is a 50/50 cotton acrylic blend, so I'm hoping it will stand up to the anticipated loving, carrying around the house, and snuggling close when it's time to dream. Or have a fighting chance aganist the less desired dog on bear scenario.



No comments:

Post a Comment