Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blocking Abracadabra

So, I was reminded of the magic of blocking this weekend. I have this Lacy Baktus scarf that I made last February. It didn't live up to my expectations.


It was too small and didn't look like the others I had seen online. And I ran out of yarn in some mystical trick I still haven't figured out. Does anyone know if it takes more yarn to decrease? Anyway, I digress.

I was scowling at this scarf hanging in my closet the other day when it hit me. I didn't block it.

Now don't get me wrong. I kind of came to blocking in a resistent sort of way. I still haven't fully embraced the whole swatching theory. But I did admit blocking is a valuable practice. Especially with lace. Especially with a project like this. No idea why I neglected this.

So, water and hotel shampoo and some pinning and a day of drying later.


Abracadabra magic. Lesson learned. Silly April

Ravelry Project Page

2 comments:

  1. im laughin all the way to the bank abt this one bwah ahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you hush, Ms. Erin Michelle. I had a feeling you'd have something to say about this!

    ReplyDelete