Monday, June 21, 2010

If Strawberries Overtook the World...

So everyone walks through the grocery store and has absolutely no self control when they see 4 lbs of strawberries on sale for $5, right? I'm normal??? Well, normal or not, I had a massive amount of strawberries to reckon with this weekend. All in all, it was an okay problem. I was okay with having that being the issue of the weekend. Especially beings the issue of the work week includes is the state going to renew my grant contract and will I have a job in 10 days. Strawberries it is!

So, what did I do with a massive amount of strawberries. Woo-ee. Let me tell you.

First, there was Spinach & Strawberry Salad. My mouth is watering at the realization I still have enough spinach and strawberries left to have some of this with supper.



Then, I was pleasently surprised to learn my parents were going to be in the Quad Cities for Father's Day, so I got to see my Daddy-O! I made some Strawberry Rhubarb Pie using the pie crust and filling recipe from The Grand Central Baking Book. My heart sank as my Dad was eating his pie yesterday and mentioned he doesn't like rhubarb. But then he followed with until now. He even called back later that night to rave about the pie. My Daddy rocks.


Yesterday I sat contemplating what to do with the last couple of pounds. I went looking for a recipe for this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream I made last year. I could not find and still can't find it doing an internet search. It's probably for the better. Ice cream with ribbons of cream cheese probably should not be a part of my diet. I DID find a recipe for Frozen Strawberry Yogurt. Perfect. And I mean that. It's pretty amazing. Check it.


And, just to taunt you. Speaking of strawberries, did I ever share about these amazing chocolate and cheesecake covered strawberries I made for my cousin's wedding shower about a month ago? Just in case not.



So, in the event of a strawberry apocolypse, no worries. I got it covered. I will save us all. Pinky swear.

1 comment:

  1. droooooooooooool.

    the mosquito population keeps me from pounds of strawberries ready for the picking right now.

    ReplyDelete