Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Insanity is...

...doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

As a counselor I told my clients this. As a patient my *cough*therapist*cough* can almost tell me this (repeatedly) without a knowing smirk. Almost.

So I guess I should just suck it up and admit insanity.


While anyone who has known me for more than a day may be jumping up and down right now with eager examples of how this sort of insanity manifests itself in my life, let's stick to the knitting today, kids.

Last night I cast on for another shawl that (almost) never ends. 570 fingering weight yards of garter stitch on size 3 needles. But I love my last 22.5 Degrees shawl. Even if it did make me want to stab myself in the eye, I wear the hell out of that thing.

And look at this Noro Silk Garden Sock...


...can't you hear it whispering "C'mon April. I will make a rockstar gorgeous shawl and you'll love my stripes in garter stitch." It must be true. Because hearing your yarn whisper to you would have nothing to do with the aforementioned insanity.

But really. If I'm expecting it to drive me insane but end in a shawl I love to pieces, I'm not really expecting different results, right? So that means I don't fit the insanity definition, right? I'm sure that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment