Friday, July 9, 2010

Ready for the Weekend...

...is it here yet? Contrary to what you may think, spending Friday working on a semi-annual report for the state does not make the weekend come any faster. Not even if you decide to work from home. Not even if you sneak over to Ravelry for a bit. Not even if you take a "lunch break" to go to the The Yarn Shoppe so you can get one more skein of Ella Rae Bamboo Silk so you can cast on for a freaking adorable shawlette you found when sneaking over to Ravelry and must must must start this weekend. Like as soon as it's 5:00. Okay, really at 4:00 because you have to get an oil change.

It's still not here. I have a pretty aggressive to-do list this weekend.

1) Cast-on for that shawl.
2) Get my oil changed.
3) Make hamburger buns.
4) Grill out and eat some of the leftover sweet corn.
5) Finish the binding on my quilt.
6) Work on the shawl.
7) Go to the Freight House Farmer's Market.
8) Get some tomatoes and other veggie delights at the market.
9) Make some tomato sauce for the freezer.
10) Not go buy a pressurized canner due to lack of confidence I wouldn't cause an outbreak of botulism.
11) Work on the shawl some more.
12) Pick up the winter clothes strewn about the bedroom from when the closet was "transitioned" about a month ago.
13) Work on the shawl a little more.
14) Clean the rest of the apartment. Well.
15) Got to church.
16) Go out and spend some time with the husband.
17) Work on the shawl.

More than likely I will accomplish no more than half of that list. And I'm sure we can all guess what will make it to that half.

Ready? Okay. Damn, still have a few hours of work. Should probably add work on the report to that list since I'm obviously not making much progress.

Oh. Did I mention I'm starting a new shawl?




Well, at least I have ice cream for the rest of the workday. That counts for something? Right? (As you can see, the diet is, umm. Maybe Monday?)

No comments:

Post a Comment