Friday, April 30, 2010

AHHHHHHHHH!!!

OMG.
OMG.
OMG.

I can survive. Really I can. While I still love my job as much today as yesterday, today is one of those days I sat down and had a nice long talk with God asking for patience, grace, concentration, and peace. Here is a rundown of the day after the first hour and a half.

The book for next Thursday's Children's Mental Health Awareness Day that were supposed to be in yesterday (after the state failed to tell me they were only sending 9 even though I said I needed 40, so I had to frantically scurry around this week trying to find them and had to order over half), those books still aren't here. And I get to try to find enough model clay for 46 little 'uns and craft supplies for 36 classrooms.

The copy machine was telling me for the last two weeks "Toner Waste Tank is almost full. Replacement needed soon." I said, "I do not have time to deal with you copy machine, be a team player and suck it up". Copy machine=not a team player. It is not refusing to work and I have 1,200 "What is Early Childhood Mental Health?" handouts to get out. Today.

The expenditure repot is due to the state today. It's not done yet. And I have to find a board member to sign off on it.

I have not gotten minutes to my membership or board from this last month's meetings yet. They should have been out three days along with agendas for next week.

Next week's schedule looks like this:
          Monday-Kindergarten Readiness Fair (set up during most of the day, fair in the late afternoon, and I still have done 
                           NO PREP WORK!)
          Tuesday-Parent Cafe in the morning, advocacy meeting in the afternoon, small group in the evening
          Wednesday-my collaborative's monthly meeting, plus other committee meetings in the afternoon
          Thursday-CHILDREN'S MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS DAY. A trip to see my own therapist in the morning, then
                             driving all over town to take pics of the events. Knitting group in the pm.
           Friday-Leave home at 7:00am to drive three hours to be trained for my new consultant job, get home at about 7:30pm.
                        Brave Chicagoland traffic.

Time to stop blogging about busy and get the pedal to the metal. Just gotta get through today. Then repeat that thought tomorrow. Ahh, it's the life. ;)

Good news is-





-there is candy. And it's my favorite kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment