Monday, April 19, 2010

A Dedication to Continued Stripping

No worries. My clothes will be staying on. I have always read the raves around the speed and efficiency of strip piecing and have had fellow quilters try to sway me as well. I'm not sure why, we'll call it a dedication to a life philosophy of doing things the hard way, but I've been a hold out. Some call me a "complicated individual" which I know is code for pain-in-the-ass. I've accepted this and kept on truckin'.

I had previously planned out a design for a "transition" quilt I planned to start. It had lots of half triangle units. While the blocks were huge, I would have been ironing and trimming half square triangles for a good chunk of my life I'd never get back. So yesterday afternoon as I was finishing a bad ass apron I saw a Quilts and More magazine peeking out of the closet. It had a nice simple design of square in squares. Cue a nice strip piecing tutorial I read on a blog I don't remember last week and I got out the fabric and started cutting.

Now for some photos from my stripping debut.


Nice stacks of fabric ready to rock.


Feeding them through nice and easy

So much less thread snipping!
20 squares all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment