Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Owl Challenge


First off-I would like you all to know that I am typing this post with a non-functional "n" or "b" key. "But, April," you say, "we see n's &  b's all over the freakin' place!" Yeah, I have to go and find those in another post and cut and paste them. How does one manage to lose function of keys? Dump an entire raspberry mocha across your open laptop, that's how. Show's me for trying to squeeze in some afterhours work while waiting for the rest of the knitting gals to get to Borders.

And we're back from the odyssey into April's messy journey of self-discovery to talk about some crafting. This is one of huge draws for me of crafting and baking. Unlike life, the directions are included!

WELL, on Monday a special little boy named Waylon turns 1! I am counting on his mama being too busy to check in here to see what I'm up to.

So, a few glasses into my bottle of wine Thursday night I decided to knit Mr. Waylon up an owl to go along with his woodland themed birthday party, which is Monday. I stepped out of my cheaphood and bought the Bramble Owl Softie pattern after crusising around Ravelry for a bit and not being satisfied with any of the free patterns. And yarn hoarder that I am I had some wool upstairs that seemed just right. The Owl Challenge began with just a few days to complete a project in time for the birthday party.

Ready to rock.
The yarn snop in me is a bit horrified with this pic.

Finally the effects of the wine started to be a bit more apparent and it was time for bed. Thursday night knitting came to a close.



Friday was a vacation day for me, so I began again bright and early. Coffee got me much further than wine and I really didn't want to put that laundry away anyway. By the time I had to stop to head down to Bent River for a beer with my friend (yes, I do drink too much. don't judge. it was my 5th anniversary and the current state of things led me to opt to not actually spend it with my husband.)



Fraken-Owl
The beer was delicious (I mean how could cold-brewed Starbucks coffee with oatmeal stout not be?). If you're ever in the Quad Cities I recommend you give it a try. Anyway. This morning armed with coffee and a homemade pop tart I took on the rest of the wings and a massive amount of seaming.


Ready for some Waylon loves!

Ta-da! All done. And with two days to spare. Maybe I'll have some time to put away that laundry after all. Grr.

Ravelry Project Page

Knitting Playlist:
    A Fine Frenzy, Bomb in a Birdcage
    Adele, 19
    Dido, Life for Rent & no Angel
    Lady Antebellum, Need You Now
    Sugarland, Love on the Inside
    Casting Crowns, Lifesong

1 comment: