Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oatmeal Cran-Raisin Cookies of Amazingness


I've been meaning to make my grandma some cookies for awhile. She has a sweet tooth, but cannot eat chocolate. And it is tragic. She does, however, like oatmeal raisin cookies and apparently can polish off a box pretty fast for a little lady. I decided awhile back Grandma needs some homemade love in her freezer than she can bake off lickity split. In all honesty, though, I am not a big oatmeal raisin cookie fan. I'll eat it, but nothing I'll run to make. This blog post is a conversion story.

Rewind us to a couple of weeks ago. It was knit night at Borders and my friend got an oatmeal cran-raisin cookie. I have been disappointed time and again over the baked goods here, so I was cynical. But it looked tasty (still cynical though, they always look tasty.) But IT WAS TASTY.

So this weekend I got out my Grand Central Baking Book and make a few adaptations to their Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe.

So, we took some of this. (But not only this of course.)

(That's homemade vanilla extract in the bottom right.)
Did some sifting and mixing.



Half I just scooped on a pan and put in the freezer as little dough balls. I will give these to Grandma when I go home this weekend and she can bake them a few at a time as the hankering comes. The rest I flattened to about half an inch and baked.




And they were amazing. They rocked my world and changed it forever. I KNOW. I've said this before. But I mean it. I will never look at oatmeal or raisins or golden raisins or dried cranberries the same way again. They will always have a special place in my heart from this day forward.


Baking Playlist: Lenka

No comments:

Post a Comment