Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Breaking Through

Yes, I'm still on a self-discovery bend. I just have a couple of things I want to share with you all before I head down to have some wine with friends. This may be a bit of an out there post, but at least it will be short and sweet.

I was sitting in a "knowledge camp" learning about chaodic theory today. It was pretty amazing, there was a thunderstorm moving through. We were under a pavilion type thing, but the thunder rolled over our heads and it was pouring. I was looking at these ferns under a tree and as I watched that little fern in the middle there being struck by occasional raindrops it really hit me. I know this sounds weird, but you can exit the page anytime. It hit me how this rain drop fell miles and had this effect on this little fern. The fern was being effected by this rain drop from so far away. How often do my actions effect someone I can't even see? It really made me think of the work I do and reminded me to be more cognizant of the effect my actions and the systems change work I do can have.


I was sitting and doing a "presencing" exercise based on Theory U. It was a very meaningful exercise since I've (obviously) been very much in a place of self-discovery and really a quarter life crisis of sorts. I saw this little delicate greenery poking through the concrete and it really hit. I realize I'm not the first person ever to find meaning in this scene, but it really served as a reminder of how the precious and delicate in life can poke through the walls and the pain he have around us. Thank you, God!

Okay, time for wine. Tomorrow I am hoping to show you some AMAZING pictures of the cathedral the retreat center I am at is built around, but I PROMISE I will be back to some baking and crafting talk for you. Here is what you have coming up:

I finished an apron for my cousin's wedding shower along with some matching hot pads.
I have a great new recipe for CHOCOLATE & CHEESECAKE COVERED STRAWBERRIES. I know. And you might need to indulge after being subjected to my rants this week.

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment