Thursday, July 29, 2010

Toe Up and Proud Of It

I have long been a strong holdout aganist knitting socks. (Long as in the four years of my knitting life.) I have adamantly declared that, while I respect those who knit socks, it was not for me in any way, shape, or form. Long hours spent with tiny needles to knit something hidden under my pants legs that I would probably lose in my battle with the sock monsters that live throughout my house? No way, Jose.

You may want to sit down for this.



Last night I cast on for my first sock. Not only did I cast on, I taught myself how to start a toe up sock. It only took me about three hours or so of fails.

And it is the cutest damn start of a sock you have ever laid eyes on. (I recognize I may have "my beautiful first sock" syndrome. You know, kind of like how every mother thinks her baby is the most absolute end all adorable baby ever to grace this earth?)


And it's not even for me. It is for my husband. Love takes the form of US1 needles, boring sock yarn, and a few hours to cursing toe up construction to be followed by hours and hours and hours and hours of construction.

Love is dangerous. 

Pattern: Regular Guy Toe Up Sock (Ravelry Link)

No comments:

Post a Comment