Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Will Only Eat One Baked Good a Week, I Mean a Day...

Remember that scene from Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood where Vivi is pleading with Mother Goddess and swears to only drink once a day, I mean a week. Hey, it's good to understand our limits, right?

Well. I, April, swear to only eat baked goods once a week, I mean a day. Okay, maybe not even that much. I need to go on a diet. For real. This is a constant struggle between skinny(er) and butter I am engaged in. I mean is a life without baked goods, pasta, and beer a life really worth being skinny in? Will feeling satisfaction and not wanting to push delete when I see pictures of me from behind (or from the side, or from the front) on facebook REALLY be worth giving up the satisfaction of a pie crust made with real butter or yummy yeasted breads straight from the oven? Will going down a size of jeans really be enough to push away my cravings for pasta and beer? I mean, is it really worth it?

Welcome to my version of the struggle between good and evil.

I am going to try to be better. Really. No, REALLY. I even did a (little) workout last night. And I mean, we all know if the heat and rain would let up I would TOTALLY put more than the 10 miles I've clocked in this year on my bike in like an afternoon. Right?? Of course we know. I'm even snack on grapes right now. (Okay, I had some strawberry cheese struesel this morning.)

You'll hold me accountable, right? As long as we can still have some bread and baked goods and beer so life is still worth living. Apparently I get to have 1,500 calories per day to lose weight. So I can choose to just have a couple of cupcakes some days if I'm willing to only have water the rest of the day, right?

At the end of the day, I'm with Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment