Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Visit

This weekend my mom came up to visit with me in a pre-birthday celebration. We had our weekend of good food and hours of crafting. This weekend featured breakfast pizza, pj pants, a new recipe, and lots of eating out. As my birthday present to my blog, I share our recipe for breakfast pizza, along with some pics of the rest!

Breakfast Pizza

Pizza Crust
1/2 lb sausage
8 bacon slices, cut into pieces
nacho cheese
3 eggs
mushrooms
Colby Jack Cheese- 1 1/2 cups

We just go ahead a buy pre-made pizza crusts from the store. We like this to be a nice and easy breakfast and there is a quite a bit on this pizza, so these seem to be able to stay nice and crisp. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. First off fry up your sausage and bacon. We just put it all in a pan together.


While the sausage and bacon are cooking we spread the cheese onto the crust. We actually used jalapeno chedder for this weekend because we couldn't find plain nacho. It has a bit of a kick, but tasted great!



Next you are going to put on your sausage and bacon and top that with mushrooms. Up to you how many mushrooms. We are a hardcore mushroom family, so we toss only the whole freaking can. Beat your three eggs together in a small bowl, it works best if you have a little spout to control your pouring. You are going to SLOWLY pour the egg over the pizza. Be very careful not to let this egg go over the edges. It will cause your pizza crust to stick to that pan like mad.




Next you are going to put on the cheese on. Now the pizza is ready to put in the preheated oven!




Cook until the top is nice and bubbly. We only cook this at 350 to ensure the eggs get done.

Now enjoy. I promise-amazing.  It also reheats nice if you just put it back in the oven for 10 minutes or so back at 350! (I'll be having some for breakfast on my day off tomorrow!)




After breakfast and a bit of shopping we set out to make some pajama pants. Time to time our sewing projects lead to some cursing. I am not a very good sewing instructor and I feel the need not to have the swearing bouts as I would on my own in an attempt to not cause mom to panic. Here is a nice action shot of me making sure things are going okay.



And after a few hours of diligant sewing we had some new kickass pajama pants! Mom thought they were a bit baggy, but I was in love. Yeah, they definitely aren't something I will dare to ask the question of "Do these make my ass look big?", but love rarely makes sense.

Proud new pajama pant owners.




And to cap off the day we tried out a new recipe I found at bhg.com for Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna. Delicious.






As always an excellent visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment