Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!



I had a birthday this week! I turned 28 on Monday. It was a low-key birthday. And I was okay with that. Really. In the past I've been a kind of an it's-my-birthday-I-want-a-freaking-hubbub sort of gal. Maybe I turned a maturity corner this year. I really didn't want to do everything. (I realized my previous divaness when this was met with varying levels of disbelief and shock.)

I had a fabulous surprise on Sunday when my mom took me to lunch after church and there was my family waiting for me! They made a three hour round trip to come visit me. I just kind of plunked down in a state of shock. AND THERE WAS CAKE! My grandma has a signature angel food cake.

Sunday night was a great quiet night out with friends at a local restaurant. Sorry no pics. Imagine a group of 10 laughing friends in a dimly restaurant with lots of food.

Monday, my actual birthday, was rather quiet. I felt loved by the 30 facebook birthday greetings. Gotta love facebook. You never really know who would have really remembered you if not for the sidebar reminder. Monday night my dear friend, Ms. Erin, insisted on a birthday supper. The lasagna was yummy, but of course it was, she's my 26 year old little Italian grandma. However-There.Were.Cupcakes. For real. They were decorated like sunflowers! I felt an enormous amount of love, because they took some patience. And she has a squirmy 10 month old.
(This refuses to go the right way)

And due to a need to burn up some vacation time before the "use it or lose it" deadline of the end of the fiscal year. Yesterday I also had off work (yep, I was that girl who took off her birthday). A day of sewing. And some disasters. Related topics. More tomorrow.

Then, when I begrudgingly returned to work today there were flowers! A quiet birthday, but I feel loved!



So now, on with 28!

No comments:

Post a Comment