Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring, Fly!

I am SO READY for this dreariness to lift and for spring to show her bright and beautiful face. But since I have no control over the weather, I resorted to a bright and beautiful yarn to make a shawl ready for warmer days that glows like sunshine.

Yep, I'm feeling desperate.


Project Name: Spring, Fly!
Pattern: Summer Flies by Holly and Ella Knits [Rav Link]
Yarn: Mirasol Yarn Tupa (3 skeins)
Colorway: 801
Needle Size: US8
Ravelry Project Page


You may have noticed I'm a bit partial to this shawl pattern. I especially love it in this yarn! My last two were both in silk and bamboo blends, but I do like the sturdier feel of the silk and merino, even in the DK weight versus the worsted weight the pattern calls for. And seriously, this Mirasol Tupa. Simply freaking luscious. However, I am a bit worried about the pilling potential. It's already looking a bit rough and I haven't even worn it, just wear and tear of knitting and blocking.


Okay, spring. I'm ready for you. Now.

This shawl was also pushed to finish a bit by an upcoming roadtrip to Wisconsin to meet the bf's family for the first time. Because what Mom can't think favorably of a girl in handknits, right...and I may have some homemade sourdough in hand to win over Dad. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment