Monday, September 27, 2010

Textured Shawl in Sage

As the air started getting cooler a few weeks ago I found myself sitting in my comfy chair by the window, listening to the leaves rustling, and wanting a new shawl. Just so happened I had some Suri Merino by Plymouth stashed away with a special shawl in mind.



The Textured Shawl "recipe" by Orlane (rav link) is a shawl pattern near and dear to my heart. This was my first go at a shawl last winter. And as you may have noticed, it started something.

This yarn really is quite lucious. It is soft and spongy and makes you just want to snuggle in.



Since this shawl is a recipe, rather than a pattern, there are some missing links. I use the Boneyard Shawl pattern by Stephen West of westknits to set up mine. I cast on five like he instructs, do the first three setup rows, then switch to the recommendations for Textured Shawl.




 Okay, fall. I'm ready to rock. Bring it. (Fall just happens to be my favorite season.)



Pattern: Textured Shawl Recipe, by Orlane
Yarn: Suri Merino 799, Plymouth Yarn Company
Ravelry Project Page

No comments:

Post a Comment